How can I remove primer sealer from oak molding?

+6

Does anyone know how to remove Bin Primer Sealer from oak molding?

q how to remove this from oak molding
q how to remove this from oak molding
  • TheHoneycombHome TheHoneycombHome on Oct 01, 2019

You can try paint remover.

• Kelli L. Milligan Kelli L. Milligan on Oct 01, 2019

Use Kleen Strip. Must wear gloves and protective glasses.

• Lynn Sorrell Lynn Sorrell on Oct 01, 2019

it says it is Shellac.......Scrub the wood with denatured alcohol on nylon abrasive pads and wipe up the resulting slurry with paper shop towels. When the towels start to wipe clean rather than being discolored by the slurry, you have as much of the shellac removed as will be coming off. Sand the wood again with the final grit you used before and proceed with your finish. If you want to paint over any existing finish, the process is as follows. Clean the surface by scrubbing with mineral spirits or TSP on fine nylon abrasive pads. If you’re unsure of the compatibility of the existing finish with what you plan to apply, add one coat of Zinsser SealCoat™, a clear primer, before adding the topcoat.

• Vimarhonor Vimarhonor on Oct 01, 2019

Hello-I would call the manufacturer, I believe its a Rustoleum product for the least offensive removal agent.

• See 1 previous
    • Vimarhonor Vimarhonor on Oct 02, 2019

It a nice thought to try use the least offensive product as not to damage stain treated wood below. Its a fabulous bonding primer one of my favorites. I hope you find the perfect solution!

• Cynthia H Cynthia H on Oct 03, 2019

Denatured alcohol should remove it. Having said that, I used Goof Off once, when I couldn't get some paint off of a floor (I am a messy painter, I confess) and it worked. Check your label, as clean up instructions are usually there.

• William William on Oct 03, 2019

Goof Off. Made to remove paint OOPS.