Asked on Nov 8, 2019

How can I fit my 21" plexiglass into a frame that is 2" too large?

Kelli L. MilliganPamelaBetsy
+1

How can I shorten wood window frame 1 “ . My plexiglass is 21” and my frame is 23”

• Mogie

With the dimensions given wouldn't you want to shorten it by more than an inch?

Hi Julie: You can use a small saw, called a coping saw or a keyhole saw to cut off the offending wood:) If you have to remove it, use a small crowbar (you can get them at the dollar store), place a wash cloth on the wall, stick the crowbar under the frame and lift gently, just a bit, and do that all the way up until you can remove, or get to the area you want to remove. the frame. Don't try to lift it all at once as it may crack. Just about 1/4 inch at a time by the area where the nails are. Before you start, mark the area you want to cut off so that you don't cut it too short. You can do this, I have faith in you :) Good luck

• Pamela

Try filling in the gaps with some decorative trim ! 😊

• Kelli L. Milligan

Is it for decoration or an actual in use window? Can't cut down an actual functioning window. What are you trying to acheive? Do you realize glass us cheaper than plexiglass? Maybe easier just to have a piece of glass cut.