Asked on Nov 12, 2019

How can I refurbish cellular shades using fabric?

Fiddledd224GkDesertRose
+1

Shades are becoming unglued as you can see in photo

• DesertRose

Kim, cellular shades and Roman shades are the same to me, so I hope this helps you.

https://www.hometalk.com/647187/make-your-own-no-sew-faux-roman-shade

• Gk

You could open then up all the way to make the material as flat as possible and then use a spray adhesive to place a thin fabric on them. If you could then close them somewhat to see where the bends are in the material you could press them with your fingers to get a more distinct bend in your fabric. It would be a very tedious, possibly frustrating job. And I question how well they would fold up. Your added material would have to be very thin. Cellular blinds are a bit different than roman shades as they don't fold up the same.

• Gk

You could try to use a very thin fabric and some spray adhesive to attach the fabric to the blind fabric. I would open them up all the way, adhere the fabric and then close them slightly and finger press the material onto the bends of the original fabric so as they close up it might look better. You will probably have to try and reglue the places they are coming loose first. I think it would be a tedious job and possibly very frustrating! If you can reglue the parts that have come undone you could also consider spraying them with fabric paint.

• Fiddledd224

This is one time you could try to repair but it may fail....these shades are paper thin and the more they are handled the harder it is to reposition the fabric without stretching it out or tearing. If you do try this, use hot or cool glue and glue gun. Any other glue may loosen from heat generated from window glass and pull apart. But good luck!