Asked on Nov 19, 2019

How do I decorate in a coastal style?

LynneCelebrate & Decorate (Chloe Crabtree)Cindy
+2

• Peggy Burnette

Hi Gail, here are some ideas I hope will help with your coastal style decorating. Ten Ways to Beach Up Your Home

1. Lighten Up. Paint walls white. ...
    2. Give a Lift. Make the ceilings above your porch or living spaces seemhigher with a hint of ocean blue. ...
    3. From the Ground Up. Paint wooden floors. ...
    4. Add Texture. ...
    5. Create Shade. ...
    6. Give New Life to Furniture. ...
    7. Cover Up. ...
    8. Borrow from Nature.

More items...

Ten Ways to Beach Up Your Home - Coastal Living

https://www.coastalliving.com › homes › decorating › ten-ways-to-beach-up...

• Cindy

Hi Gail. I'm Cindy. Glue a mirror (square or round) on to a foam board. Cut the foam board around the mirror leaving 2 - 3 inches to serve as a frame. Paint the "frame" light blue. Then glue sea shells on it. Coastal style makes me think of the sea shore. I would use different shades of blue paint. Add white sheers to the windows for curtains. Then bring pops of bright color into the room with pillows, rugs, art, etc.

• It is so easy to add coastal style to your home. Use the colors you would see at the shore, shades of blues, sandy tans, creamy whites. Think light and airy. Add pillows to your sofa with sea creatures on them. Add artwork that shows beach or ocean scenes and you will be well on your way. Don't overdo with accents like fish sculptures or anchors, etc. You don't want your home to look like a seafood restaurant.

• Lynne

I love coastal style! By using colors, textures, and accessories inspired by nature/the coast, you can create this style in your home. I would include shades of blue, shells, driftwood, and sea glass. I would love to see what you do!