Asked on Dec 6, 2019

How do I unclog a sink?

Marion NesbittCynthia HChloe Crabtree
+2

How do I unplug my kitchen sink?

• Linda

Here is a good step by step tutorial. https://www.wikihow.com/Remove-a-Kitchen-Sink

• Kathy Gunter Law

Remove as much as possible with a snake or drain cleaning tool. Pour ½ cup baking soda then ½ cup white vinegar in the drain and cover, letting sit for 20 minutes. Boil water, remove cover, and pour water down the drain. You may have to repeat the process.

• Chloe Crabtree

1. Put on a pair of rubber gloves. ...
    2. Push 1 cup of baking soda down the sink drain. ...
    3. Pour 1 cup of vinegar into the drain opening. ...
    4. Wait 5 minutes to allow the solution to work on the clog. ...
    5. Pour 4 cups of boiling water down the drain if the warm water fails to work.

• Cynthia H

Have you used a plumber snake?

• Marion Nesbitt

I regularly run hot water down the drain for five minutes - to help dissolve grease that solidifies once it reaches lower, colder spots in the pipe. I periodically do the baking soda, vinegar and boiling water business. I'd start with this first and repeat a couple of times. If unsuccessful, then I'd use the snake. If still clogged, then llast resort is a plumber unless you can disconnect from under the sink. I found a 10" butcher knife stuck in the pipe in a rental I had.