Asked on Dec 14, 2019

How do you remove stains from culture marble fixtures?

Simple Nature DecorDeeJanice
+7

The rims around my sink drains have discolored an

I can not use chemicals or abrasive scrubs to remove them because it is made of culture marble. Sinks are 30 years ol.

Bathroom sink

Kitchen sink has scratched. Baking soda does not work

• Gk

If your sinks are 30 years old it is not unusual to see this kind of wear. Here's a few ideas that make help you!

https://www.wikihow.com/Clean-Cultured-Marble

Hi Lauir: Cultured marble may yellow over time for various reasons. If the gel coating has worn down a bit, the coating and cultured marble may become stained. Areas underneath faucet fixtures, or even objects such as a toothbrush holder, may turn yellow if these areas have not been exposed to air for long periods of time. Low heat from a hair dryer blown over the yellowed area may help reduce the yellowing. A dilute bleach solution containing mostly water, applied with a non-abrasive nylon pad, may help as well. Rinse the area immediately afterwards. A gel coat designed for cultured marble, available at hardware or home-improvement stores, helps protect the surface from further damage if the original protective coating is somewhat worn. Good luck

• Robyn Garner

Barkeeper's Friend should take the scratches out. If the finish is completely worn away you'll have to paint with an oil based paint, apply a refinishing kit, etc.

• Pat

Is it rough to the touch? My sink like yours, felt rough like it was a calcuim ring left by the water. I tried bleach, sitting on it for awhile and it did lighten it but was still rough. Then I tried letting vinegar sit on it for overnight and then took a rough scouring pad. I used a nylon one and even a scouring sponge. Took a lot of elbow grease but got it smooth again. Now I clean it with vinegar every week or so and so far it looks a lot better. My sink is about 25 years old. I try to keep it shiny and clean with Glass Wax (a pink liquid in a can).

• Becky Patterson

I would use a magic eraser. The one with cleaner in it already. It does not scratch. I was surprised at how many things it cleans, beautifully.

• Holly Lengner - Lost Mom

Hi Lauri, there are lots of cleaning solutions here:

https://www.hometalk.com/search/posts?filter=clean%20marbel

• Janice

Use a moist Mr. Clean Magic Eraser.

• Dee

Do not use a Magic Eraser, It will completely destroy the cultured marble. Try vinegar with baking soda, or Bar Keepers Friend. I know the BKF will work for sure on the kitchen sink.

• Simple Nature Decor

I also use krud cutter you can purchase at homedepot.