Asked on Dec 24, 2019

How do I clean burnt on food from a pan?

ArielKathy Gunter LawKmdreamer
+9

How do I get badly burned food removed from a pan

• Annie
    Annie

A couple of cups of baking soda with just enough water to cover might work. Simmer this for at least 20 minutes, maybe longer. This should loosen the burnt pieces

• Dana Williams
    Dana Williams

Boil white viniger in the pan. I had a stainless steel pan which was badly burned. I covered the bottom of the pan in viniger and set it to boil. This will help loosen and dissolve a lot of the burnt particals.

• Natalie
    Natalie

You can put water in the pan and then bring it to a boil. Usually that will loosen the food.

• Redcatcec
    Redcatcec

Just let it set overnight, cover the area that is burnt with water, add baking soda-about 1/4 cup, give it a stir and let it set overnight. Then the next day jest clean it out with the rough side of a dollar store sponge.

• Linda Sikut
    Linda Sikut

Hi Patricia,

When that happens to me, I immediately put cold water on the area then return it too the stove to boil. If it doesn't all come loose, I think will sprinkle on baking soda with a little water and let it sit overnight. Usually by morning the mess has loosened and you can just wipe it off. Wishing you the best.

• Laura Cooper
    Laura Cooper

Boil some soapy water and then let it cool naturally. The heat and cool cycle expands and contracts the metal pan so that the other stuff comes off. The soap in the water will prevent it from resettling.

• Cynthia H
    Cynthia H

Add water to a pan when something burns in it. Once it cools, you can often scrape it out without too much effort. I recently cleaned up a stainless skillet that a friend was going to toss. After soaking it overnight in soapy water it came clean with an SOS pad and a little patience.

• Tinyshoes
    Tinyshoes

Patricia...I soak mine in hot water with Dawn..it will usually soften enough that you can use a food scraper (Plastic) and remove it then

• Kmdreamer
    Kmdreamer

Put the pan on the stove add water and 2 squirts of dish soap then let water boil and scrap away with a spachula

• Kathy Gunter Law
    Kathy Gunter Law

Boil dish washer powder to loosen.