Asked on Jan 3, 2020

Should I keep or chop down the Italian Cypress?

RedcatcecNaomie Moore aka baileyanddaisey, Castaic CAKathy Gunter Law
+6

Keep or chop down the Italian cypress?

• FrugalFamilyTimes.com

I don’t hate them - But they do look quite formal. if you do chop

any down - maybe consider keeping the one close to the house?

I'd keep them, they look elegant and compliment the height of your house. Just IMHO :) I just learned that :) I'm getting to be so cool. Do they still say that? Anyway, it means In My Humble Opinion :)

• Sharon

Maybe get 2 large pots, and put two of them on the sides of the garage door, and one by the house I would move to the left side of the house so its not blocking the windows/view.

• I'm not a fan of them. They may look better if the were shorter.

• 516maria

They are very “stiff” looking. The peaks on the roof are also very severe, so I think something round shape would soften the look and make it more welcoming

• DD

I like Sharon suggestion but not sure if you are interested in digging them up but that would look great. I would take the one by the front door down.

• Kathy Gunter Law

I would keep the one in the front away from the drive. Also trim it so that it fills out.

• I like them, but could go either way. Beautiful house by the way! If you decide to take them out, possibly replace with plants or shrubs with some seasonal color to add interest.

• Redcatcec

I would keep them! The reason is they break the neutral colors of the house and garage at eye level.