Asked on Jan 5, 2020

How can I make over this coffee table with a pop of color?

Mogeda RamadanDeeKathy Gunter Law
+7

Hi Everyone. I want to redo this coffee table with a pop of color; top and bottom. My living room is brown furniture. Need color.😀

• Jessica Welling Interiors

Can you post a photo of your living room?

• Beth

Sorry. I'm cleaning. Could use some decorating tips too

• Cheryl A

use chalk paint in your color choice of gray, blue, etc

• Mogie

What are your accent color(s)?

• Em

Any color will go with brown. It is a neutral color. Pick something else in the room, pillow, couch chair, and go a shade lighter or darker than it or just go with your favorite color. Restain the top and let the bottom be your pop of color.

• Cynthia H

I've learned to use an accent color in at least three locations in a room. Almost any color looks good against a neutral palette. For example, if you like red, try a couple of throw pillows with a red print you like. Put a throw on one of the pieces of furniture that is either red, or picks up a color from the print. Your table can coordinate, or go neutral. Basically, an accent color is your pop of color that brightens up your room. Using it in three items gives you a more polished look. Think of it as a black and white picture with pops of color added, which gives it more interest.

• Beth

Thank you ladies. It gives me things to think about.

• Kathy Gunter Law

I would go for a dark brown top and add the color where it is blue. You choose but I would go with turquoise, yellow, or red.

You can add something to the top like a mandala or just add color with decor items.

• Dee

Sand down the top to refinish it. Then stain with an Ebony color stain. Put a few coats of Polyurethane on top for durability.

I would lightly sand the bottom, then prime with a good stain blocking primer, and probably paint a dark red.

• Mogeda Ramadan

You can renew it either by using colorful paints or doing a decoupage using several drawings