Asked on Jan 9, 2020

How can I decorate a small wall with a pass-through window?

Kelli L. MilliganSimple Nature DecorJessica Welling Interiors
+8

i need ideas about how to redecorate a small wall with passthrough window. Without tearing the wall down...maybe a slim fish tank or lights and sea sand? I can find nothing. villa in beach golf resort

• GrandmasHouseDIY

Hi Bonnie glass shelves might be a fun way to add decorations there, then you could add a small fish tank, glass pitchers full of sea shells and sand etc.

• Cynthia H

We ended up with an inside window that I tried different ways to decorate. Eventually, I decided to treat it like the other window in the room, and was glad for the balance it gave (and light). It blended into the room. Good luck with yours! Maybe you could post your project?

• Janice

Is the window positioned on the wall so that you could simply cover each side of the window with a piece of art hanging on the walls?

• Nan W.

Bonnie: I had one of those and simply put a small lamp there -- to brighten up the space.

• Chloe Crabtree

If you want to cover it up and not use it as a pass through, you can select some artwork to cover it.

• Carrie @ Curly Crafty Mom

What about some succulents in cute containers with different heights and some fairy twinkle lights around the base of them?

• Lifestyles Homes

You want to decorate the wall, not the pass through, yes?

Treat the pass through as part of the composition of the total wall’s layout.

If it’s a 24x36 pass through then balance that with a 24x36 piece of art.

Of course there’s the room’s colors to tie in.

• Fiddledd224

I would install shutters so you can open and close as needed. You have many choices of design doing this.

You can also hang a spring tension rod and hang fabric curtains.

Also, you can install window blinds from the top and can raise or lower as needed.

• Jessica Welling Interiors

Can you post a photo?

• Simple Nature Decor

The fish tank is a good idea

• Kelli L. Milligan

The fish tank sounds fun but remember it needs to have access above and it creates lots of moisture. Plus it needs electrical. What if you design or have designed an art glass window to fit space. You can add a light valance to it for added pizzazz.