Table.

Maura WhiteJohnavallance82Betsy
+10

. Hi again all. Im using an old tv,2 shelved glass table in my garden. Is ordinary spray paint ok to cover it? Im rubbish using a brush!!! Lol.

• Chas' Crazy Creations
    Chas' Crazy Creations

Yes, you can use spray paint, but make sure it says for outdoor and has a primer in it :)

• Vimarhonor
    Vimarhonor

Hello. I always recommend the outdoor paint and primer spray paints. They tend to hold up a little better although they may flake off in a few years. The bonding primer in these formulations just lasts a little bit longer.

• Scarlet Paolicchi
    Scarlet Paolicchi

Yes, just use Outdoor Spray Paint.

• Michelle Leslie
    Michelle Leslie

Hi Kathy, it depends on where you TV table is. If it get's alot of sunlight, it may peel, fade and/or chip. Ordinary spray will work as long as you prepare clean the glass really well to remove any dust and oily finger prints. If the glass can't be soaked in water,wipe it down thoroughly with a damp microfiber cloth or sponge and let dry.

• Deb K
    Deb K

Hi Kathy, here are the best spray paints for outdoors, hope this help your out,

• Rust-Oleum American Accents Wood Spray Paint – Best Overall.
    • Krylon Colormaster Spray Paint for Furniture – Best Value.
    • Rust-Oleum Painter's Touch Spray Paint for Wood Furniture.
    • Rust-Oleum Metallic Antique Spray Paint.

• Cynthia H
    Cynthia H

Hi! It kind of depends on what it's made of. Some faux wood made from pressed wood, particle board, etc. Is going to absorb moisture no matter how diligent you are painting it, and will separate. Keeping it up off the ground, protecting from getting wet, will help make it last longer. Use paint that is intended for outdoors is important. I have a personal preference for Rustoleum products, because I have had such good results. Good luck and stay safe!

• Dee
    Dee

Hi there Kathy: I would use Rustoleum primer, or automobile spray primer, then lightly sand. I would then use Rustoleum spray paint. You will not need any top coat, but Spar varnish is made for boats and would probably work really well on this project. Spar does come in a spray can, you can find it at Home Depot, Lowes and Amazon.

Very tough, clear wood finish. Resists cracking, checking, peeling, and yellowing. Protects wood from water, salt air, sun damage, and atomspheric polution. Ideal for patio furniture, exterior doors, bar tops, and wooden boat surfaces. Aerosol spray.

• Spray paint, or any paint really, won’t stick well to glass. It will stick to the plastic or wood of a tv.

Betsy

Hi Kathy: Sure, you can use spray paint. Just be sure to spray at least 6 inches away and use back and forth strokes and put on a thin coat. Let that dry and then another thin coat. Keep putting on thin coats, letting it dry between coats, until you get the look you want. I'd paint the bottom as opposed to the top. That way the paint won't scrape off :) Here is a Hometalk site that talks all about this:

https://www.hometalk.com/search/all?filter=paint%20a%20glass%20table

Good luck

• Johnavallance82
    Johnavallance82

Hello Kathy,

Paint will last longer if you spray the underside instead of the top!

• Maura White
    Maura White

Spray paint is great! BUt I would seal it off with a clear coat of weather resistant top coat.