How do I glue poly plastic flower pot together

Johnavallance82Cynthia HWilliam
+6

I cut a 20" pot in half and put it around a dead tree which I will use as a trellis for my honeysuckle. What type of glue should I use to put the 2 pieces together and make the pot water tight on the sides?

Hi Duhmode: The Loctite All-Plastic Super Glue includes a tube of bonding agent and a bottle of surface activator. It bonds with hard and soft plastic. The glue works well with polyethylene and polypropylene surfaces. This should work for you. Good luck.

• Peggy Burnette

Hi this is Peggy. I hope this is the information you need to seal your outdoor pot. Silicone caulk is a waterproof method of adhering embellishments to a flowerpot or for repairing broken pots. The area to be glued should be cleaned and dried. For repairing broken pieces, apply a layer of caulking to the edges of the broken piece, and fit it back into position, pressing firmly.

What Type of Glue Do You Use on a Flower Pot? | Hunker

www.hunker.com › ... › Art & Home Accessories

• Carrie @ Curly Crafty Mom

I found this online: Polyurethane glue - Polyurethane glue is waterproof enough to use in all exterior adhesive applications above the waterline. The beauty of polyurethane glue is that it can be used in situations where one or both surfaces are made of plastic or metal, in addition to wood.

• Chloe Crabtree

II would use Gorilla Construction adhesive.

• Dee

Loctite makes a great marine glue. It is waterproof and I think will solve your problem

• Kathy Gunter Law

Since it's outside, I would use Loctite's Power Grab. It takes a white to set up so you will want to tape or do something to hold in place until it is completely set.

Use two part epoxy to glue the pot together. Use tape, rope, or bungi cords to hold both halves together. Once it's dry use 100% clear silicone caulk inside and outside the glued seams. Since it will hold soil and water it needs to be glued together first or both halves can separate.

• Cynthia H

Any exterior glue or epoxy should work. I would use a silicone product for a project like this. Great idea by the way!

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Permatex-3-oz-Clear-Silicone-Adhesive-Sealant-75151/302775054

• Johnavallance82

Hello Duhmode,

Have fun....................

E6000 might be a good choice.