Can you use E6000 to attach rhinestones to a plastic squeeze bottle?

+33

I purchased small 2oz. plastic flip top squeeze bottles to use for hand sanitizer that I plan to bling with rhinestones and give as small Christmas gifts.

I was wondering if E6000 would work or would I need a more flexible glue so that the stones won't fall off when you squeeze?

Any help would be greatly appreciated because I'm very new at blinging and haven't even used the E6000 that I bought yet.

Thank you so much.

Phyllis G.

• Redcatcec Redcatcec on Nov 20, 2020

The bottles you mention are quite small, i would not attempt to cover the entire bottle with rhinestones, maybe a row or 2 at the base with small rhinestones. The squeeze and release may be too much to handle the motion. Best to you.

• Phyllis Grossman Phyllis Grossman on Nov 20, 2020

Hi Redcatcec,

Thank you for your response. I am getting such good advice from everyone that I think I'm going to have to totally rethink the idea.

Happy Holidays. Be safe and be well.

Phyllis G.

• Recreated Designs Recreated Designs on Nov 20, 2020

I was thinking the same as the pervious answer. If you are wanting them to be squeezed, it may be a lot for the rhinestones not to rub each other and to stay in place. Could you try putting them in a design or stripes?

• Janice Janice on Nov 20, 2020

I agree with the other responses. The E-6000 is really a great glue to use in many instances when other glues fail, but I don't think it would be wise to adhere rhinestones and expect them adhere well for a long period of time when the bottle will be flexing when squeezed.

• Betsy Betsy on Nov 20, 2020

Hi Phyllis: What a cute idea! The E-6000 is a good glue, but maybe the smaller tubes of Crazy Glue that you can get at the Dollar Tree would be a better bet for you as they are small and easier to handle and use. What I think I'd do is to rough up the bottles with an emery board and then paint them with fingernail polish. Roughing them up will help the fingernail polish to stick better. When they are dry, I'd put a row of rhinestones (you can get a roll of them at the Dollar Tree in different colours, along with silver, to match or contrast with the nail polish, which you can also get at the Dollar Tree. Heck, you can get the hand sanitizer there too!) around the top of the bottle and maybe one around the bottom. Good luck

• See 1 previous
    • Phyllis Grossman Phyllis Grossman on Nov 21, 2020

Hi Karen,

Thank you so much. I will definitely have to try the caulk. I'll take a look and hopefully, what I have is not dried up.

I was actually just looking at the ribbon and they also make self-stick rhinestone sheets in all colors too.

I'm kind of a wanna be crafter so I very much appreciate all that I'm learning from the pros. Thank you again.

Happy Holidays and Happy Crafting.

Phyllis

• Vimarhonor Vimarhonor on Nov 20, 2020

Hello, I feel like silicone caulk is a flexible adhesive....I wonder if clear caulk might be less brittle?

• See 5 previous
    • Phyllis Grossman Phyllis Grossman on Nov 22, 2020

Thank you Karen. I'll do that.

Happy Holidays!!

Phyllis

Hi William,

Thank you that's a great idea. As a matter of fact, I was just looking for some. They would definitely be more flexible and a lot quicker to do.

Thank you also for the links that you provided. I'll definitely check them out.

Happy Holidays and take care and be well.

Phyllis G.

• Peggy L Burnette Peggy L Burnette on Nov 20, 2020

Hi Phyllis, yes looks like E600 is a good glue to use. The Most Popular adhesives for Swarovski crystal rhinestones

• Gem Tac Glue. Gem Tac Glue is manufactured by Beacon Adhesives it's a permanent non-toxic water based glue, that is washable after 24 hours. ...
    • E6000. ...
    • GS Hypo Cement. ...
    • Beacon 527.

What is the best glue to use when gluing Swarovski Crystals?

www.crystalandglassbeads.com › blog › swarovski-crys...

Hi Peggy,

I've just started blinging and I've used Gem Tac and I bought the

E6000 but haven't used it yet.

I've gotten some really great advice and will probably try a few glues including the two above to see which works the best.

Thank you so much. Stay safe and healthy.

Phyllis G.

• Chloe Crabtree Chloe Crabtree on Nov 20, 2020

I would experiment with crazy glue.

Hi Chloe,

Thank you so much. I think I will try that one and will probably do a "glue lineup" to see which one will get the job done.

Phyllis G.

Thank you so much. I've bookmarked the page. This helps a lot.

Happy Holidays and Happy Crafting!!

Phyllis

• no. it will dry cloudy. Try gemtac glue instead

• Phyllis Grossman Phyllis Grossman on Nov 24, 2020

Thank you Adrienne. Even with the stuff that "dries clear"?

Good to know. Gem Tac is certainly easier to use.

Thanks and Happy Holidays.

• Jeremy Hoffpauir Jeremy Hoffpauir on Nov 28, 2020

It will dry white. Use Gem Tac Glue: https://amzn.to/3lgOuxV

• Homeroad Homeroad on Dec 04, 2020

I use E6000 all the time and it is slightly flexible, it might be your best bet because any other glue will crack when you squeeze the bottle.

• Phyllis Grossman Phyllis Grossman on Dec 04, 2020

Hi,

Thank you so much. I had thought that it would be more rigid than Gem Tac.

I haven't gotten to the project yet but I think I'll do a sampling of all the glues just to see what works.

Happy Holidays!!

Phyllis

• Connie Connie on Feb 14, 2021

Yes