My gazing balls are dull after 2 years how to paint them shiny again

Joy ElizabethKathy RaperSimple Nature Decor
+8

• Mogie

If it is actually stainless steel and not painted glass or painted metal, you can polish it up again with Barkeepers Friend and a scratchless scrubby. It makes stainless steel look like new again. I've used it on my stainless clad cooking ware that I bought in 1969 and it still looks like new.

• Kathy Gunter Law

Clean with white vinegar and spray paint. You can use some of the shinier, reflective paints in the Rustoleum line.

• Beth

Here's a tutorial on cleaning gazing balls: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HrhK5FirD6c

• Clean well and then spray them with a lacquer clear coat.

You can spray them with high gloss clear spary paint. High gloss polyurethane. High gloss clear glaze.

• Peggy Burnette

Hi Betsy, sorry your gazing ball is dull, hope this helps you make it beautiful again. How to Paint Gazing Balls | Home Guides | SF Gate

https://homeguides.sfgate.com/how-to-paint-gazing-balls-12002012.html

Because the gazing ball is a sphere, it is best to paint it in two halves. Allow one side to dry before starting on the other side. Make sure the paint is completely dry before attaching the glass ...

• I suppose it depends on what it's made out of...in general though, I would try cleaning it first, with vinegar and water and then if it's still not where you want it to be, you could consider spraying it with a clear coat, but it may yellow in the sun.

• Lifestyles Homes

Whatever clear coat you use, it needs to stick to a very clean surface & be rated for exterior UV exposure.

• Simple Nature Decor

Try to use a solution of vinegar and water

• Kathy Raper

I have used Magic Eraser on several outdoor items and brought back the newness.It has removed buildup from trees and general outdoor elements.

• Joy Elizabeth

If they are glass, you might try glass stove top cleaner, it will take any kind of haze off of glass. I am sure an opaque spray paint made for glass would look nice as well!