Mini Greenhouse Seed Starter

$20

I was searching online for Mini Greenhouses when I came across an image of a container for starting seeds that reminded me of the containers found in the Deflecto Stackable Caddy Organizer.
That image sparked an idea for creating a moveable mini greenhouse. I wanted something that was portable and eye appealing.
I used the Deflecto Stackable Caddy Organizer* to make my Mini Greenhouse. It comes with three clear containers; small, medium and large. I used the two larger containers to plant my seeds. I took the lid off the smallest container and used it to hold my garden tools and seed packets.
  • Add a layer of potting soil in the bottom of the clear containers and sprinkle the top with seeds.
  • Add a thin layer of soil on top the seeds and water.
The containers create a humidity dome which is great for keeping seeds moist and protected.
The seeds will start to sprout in a 5-10 days. When the seedlings mature, I will transfer them into pots and then into the ground.
My Mini Greenhouse Seed Starter is easy to move around so I can take advantage of the best sunshine. A great project to do as a family. To see how I decorated my Mini Greenhouse make sure to click on the blog post link.You can find the Deflecto Stackable Caddy Organizer* here.

Sue's Creative Workshop

• Shelly Moore

I use the clear plastic containers that hold things like fresh strawberries, salad greens, bakery goods etc. They already have air holes in them or you can poke a few more for air circulation if u want too. Free and at least they are used again instead of going straight to the recycle bin.