Vintage and Teal Dresser Upcycle

$80

This dresser was a steal! I love the beauty of this vintage dresser with all its moldings! Although when I got it, it was far from its prime. But nothing a little sanding and tsp and paint can’t fix!

• check out my Website
  • check out my insta 🖤
  • scroll and find a discount coupon for paint!

The before picture is always so thrilling!

before... you could say it needed some work

Sanding!

I had a friend sand this for me, and he did an amazing job! A lot of hand sanding but it made my job a lot easier

Prime time

Primed this beauty with zinsser shellac based primer which, if you have been following be for a while you know this is my go to! I knew this one would be a bleeder.

Paint colour

This is country chic’s Wanderess! It turned out to be the perfect colour even tho I was sceptical.

for a discount on this paint! Use CODE: flopornot for 10% off 🤗❤️

1st coat

Stain the legs

I used provincial mini wax for the legs

Original handles - restained

Restained in verathanes rustic bronze

Time for top coat application

I used varathanes waterbased non yellowing satin top coat! About 3X

DONE!

Ahh I got so much more love on this piece then I thought I was going to! I am so glad I went bold with the colour 🥰🥰

Upgrade Your Backyard With These 30 Clever Ideas
Quick Easter Egg Ideas That Are Just Too Cute
30 Jewelry Organizing Ideas That Are Better Than a Jewelry Box
3 Easy Ways To Upgrade Your Pillows To A High End Look
Here's How You Can DIY The Hottest Home Decor Trends of 2018
The 25 Most-Viewed Mason Jar Projects on Hometalk

• Carol

How many coats of Wanderess paint??

Thanks. So beautiful and I have a nice dresser quite old that I will use!

• MJ

What color wood stain did you use for the legs? It came out beautifully!

• Glynace

I have a dining set (buffet, china cabinet, silver chest , table. I sold the chairs because I was tired of re-gluing. It is walnut, burl walnut and birds eye maple. I have refinished it 48 years ago and it needs upgrading, Also I have a bedroom set with the same woods, un-refinished. The chest of drawers is similar to yours, but has a man's valet on top. There is a dressing table with mirror and double bed. I love the maple, so do you think it's ok to let the maple show through and still paint the rest of the woods? Of course, they are not in the same areas of the house! ;-)

• Glynace

Thank you! I'm still stewing over it, but there is damage to the dining table top. I'll let you know...

Glynace

• Mary

I respect the fact that you had it SANDED before you primed and painted. I have been looking at chalk-painted furniture for inspiration and I am surprised at how rough the surfaces are. I could even read the names kids carved into these old pieces! Yours is beautiful.

• Ally | flop.or.not

Thank you!! Yes I always sand. Makes adherence way better as that way you never have to back track!

• Debbie

that turned out wonderful. I love the color you picked oyt for it