Dowel Coffee Table

$80
1 Day

Last month, we decided that it was time to let our old industrial coffee table go. It was difficult to find a suitable replacement, but when you can’t find something you like with the right price tag, you just have to make it yourself! I was inspired by waterfall tables and set out to create a similar look with an old IKEA tabletop and some dowels.

Prep the tabletop and dowels

I sanded down the tabletop so the primer and paint can stick better, then cut each dowel into three 16″ pieces using a miter saw.

Attach the dowels to the tabletop

I made sure to dry fit them first before applying the Liquid Nails adhesive. Let it dry for a few hours before proceeding to the next step.

Prime and paint

I started on the bottom and the dowel legs before flipping the table over. A brush worked well on the legs, while a small roller worked best for the tabletop. Paint color: Swiss Coffee by Behr.

The Final Product

Want to see more? Check out my  blog post for additional details, "after" photos, and links to items seen here. You can also find daily inspirations on Instagram  @homebyheena!

30 Gorgeous Ways To Keep Your Home Organized
15 Ways To Upcycle And Create More Storage At The Same Time
Valentine's Day Is Getting Closer! Get Ready With These Lovely Ideas
Cut Up Some Pallets For These 20 Amazing Ideas

William

Very nice idea. Looks great

• Thea
      Thea

And just so you know, William has excellent taste and he sees a lot of projects.