Easy Chair DIY Makeover

$20

I found these chairs for free on Social Media and decided to take a chance and reupholster.

They were solid wood and in good condition

I chose a chalk gray paint from Krylon Deep Grey Spray paint. I used a total of 3 cans.

I used 1 Yard of fabric

Staple gun

The project

I did not sand the chairs. I wanted to see if the paint would adhere to it without having to sand it, I was being lazy for this.

This video file cannot be played.(Error Code: 102630)
Spray Paint

I have a platform made of an old palette that I use to paint.

The spray paint was applied slowly and did not drip. I thought because I had not sanded it would drip but surprisingly it didn't

The glaze

After I painted I used an old glaze to make the chairs use a bit vintage.

I love glazes. This was a dark glaze. Always apply a glaze with a microfiber cloth a little humid. not soaking wet . apply and wipe immediately don't wait or it will leave stain marks

Center the fabric

Make sure you center the fabric exactly where you want your pattern to be.

For the seats

They were not the most pretty things so new fabric over it is.

I always cut the fabric longer in all sides.

Start on one corner fold and staple that corner, then move to the opposite corner across and do the same. Go back to the front corner. Always do the corners first than move in to the mid pieces

This can be redone if you do anything wrong.

The Gun

I have a staple gun that I love from Dewalt, however, you can use a more simpler one for this.

I over staple every time. You don't have to.

Final result on the cushions

They the cushions turned out awesome. I love reupholstering

Meet the new chair

I love how it turned out

This was simple and now I have 2 end table unique chairs that will serve us for years to come. All I have to do is change the fabric

Grab Some Pool Noodles And Copy These 3 Ideas
Try These Gorgeous Ideas And The Mailman Will Never Miss Your Mailbox!
The Best Nautical Home Decor Ideas To Try Right Now
15 Perfectly Round Tables
31 Astounding Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Contact Paper

• AnortOO
    AnortOO

Did you seal the chairs or just use the glaze? Which glaze did you use? They look great!

• Mila McKeown
      Mila McKeown

I only used a glaze over the chalk paint. I have done this before with the seal and did not end well. This time with the glaze only seems to be holding off much better

• Em
    Em

Lovely color scheme.