DIY Modern Wall Art

$12

A simple and budget-friendly way to create the trendy Modern wall art that is all the rage now!

Our home office is getting a modern makeover and I recently started shopping around for some wall art and accessories. I knew mid-century modern design was coming back, but I had no idea it had become so popular. Although I'm a huge fan of all things neutral, I couldn't help but fall in love with the bright cheerful colors this trend offers. But the price for much of what I loved was a bit high, especially since I need art for at least two walls!

So I made a plan and then went and picked up a few items that I didn't already have on hand.

Materials Needed for a trio of art:

• (2 )8x10 photo frames ( I chose these because I loved the look of the natural wood.
  • (1) 5x7 photo frame
  • Craft paper with geometric designs IE Scrapbook paper ( I bought mine for 10¢ a piece at a local craft store but you can get them at any craft store for cheap) **You could also use wrapping paper
  • Geometric cut out shapes (I just popped out some stencils I had on hand

Since my frames did not have a matte I had to create my own. I did so using these poster boards. If you have frames that already have the matte you can obviously skip this step. It's pretty easy and inexpensive to do though. This packet of 5 poster boards was $1 and is for an 11x15 frame but I just cut 2 of them down to an 8x10 frame. Then I measured the center and cut it out using the template of my 5x7 frame.

Then I took my first sheet of craft paper and traced the 8x10 frame template onto it. Once I cut it out, I first laid the matte down onto the glass in the frame and then the paper. Lastly, I placed the frame backing on and that was it!

I did the same thing for the second 8x10 frame, only this time I used this fun rainbow design. *TIP I used different patterns but kept them in the same color group.

I played around with the last frame (5x7) trying to find a fun geometric pattern I could create with some cardboard stencils I had. Once I figured out what I wanted I simply glued them down to a piece of poster board I'd cut to fit my frame.

The total cost for my trio of bright and colorful wall art was $11.70!

Now our mostly neutral home office will have a few pops of cheerful color and I can change out the inserts whenever I want!

If you liked this project you might like these DIY wall art projects too!

https://palletandpantry.com/diy-modern-farmhouse-bathroom-wall-art/

https://palletandpantry.com/diy-boho-style-wall-hanging/

These West Elm Knockoffs Are Pretty Unbelievable
31 Update Ideas To Make Your Kitchen Look Fabulous
31 Ways For You To Style Your Garden
18 String Art Ideas That You'll Want To Hang In Your Home
30 Great Mason Jar Ideas You Have To Try
Pallet and Pantry

• Kathy
    Kathy

Did this for my grandsons bedroom, didn’t mat them, but loved the added color it gave to the room 😀

• Pallet and Pantry
      Pallet and Pantry

Oh my goodness, Kathy! I LOVE them! The patterns and colors are so fun and bright! Awesome job!

• Janice
    Janice

Thanks for the post! Just goes to show us all that crativity doesn't have to be expensive for a great new look!