Light and Bright

$75

I purchased this mid century modern dresser on my local Facebook marketplace and I knew I scored as it turned out to be solid wood!

Before

I wanted to update this dresser and make it something that fits in a home with lighter colors. I picked white wash and white combo as my design and got to work.

Sanded down the whole dresser with my electric orbital sander. Sand paper grit 120,180,220,320

All sanded down! Like I mentioned it before it was solid wood and had a reddish tint. Cedar maybe? I'm not sure...

I started painting it with valspar furniture and cabinet paint. I wanted to keep the original hardware and luckily it was solid brass and cleaned up nice after I boiled it in a vinegar/water mix.

The inside of the drawers were lined with peel and stick paper from the 50's it wasn't my vibe so I definitely wanted to take it out but it seemed harder than I originally thought...

I went ahead and grabbed my hair dryer and held it on top of it for a couple of seconds and that finally worked like magic. The heat melted the glue and that thing peeled off in seconds. And in one piece most importantly!

I used a white wash on the top and the legs and applied water based clear coat once it was dry.

If you like this piece and would like to follow in real time follow me on Instagram @andreapalmai

31 Update Ideas To Make Your Kitchen Look Fabulous
3 Easy Ways To Upgrade Your Pillows To A High End Look
These 21 Bloggers Came Up With The Most Amazing Organization Ideas
25 Fun Things You'll Want to DIY Before the Spring Arrives
30 Adorable DIY Ideas For July 4th
30 Address Signs That'll Make Your Neighbors Stop in Admiration