Recycled Dresser to Craft Storage

4 materials
$92

For a long time, I have been wanting to get rid of the majority of using plastic containers for organization. I wanted to get base cabinets, but my husband and I decided we'd recycle our old bedroom dresser into craft storage instead of buying expensive cabinets. At least temporarily until we could get new cabinets. I hadn't actually thought of blogging all the details until, well...too late. So this is a "condensed" version of the process.

The Before

Here is a before. Just sitting in the garage collecting dust and "stuff". Good piece of furniture going to waste.

Prepared for Prime and Paint

While I didn't think about taking pictures of the during process, my husband did take a picture of it after he sanded, filled holes where handles were, and sanded some more. I honestly hadn't thought about blogging it. Lesson learned....I will from now on!

Primed and Painted

After the preparation was done, he primed and Painted the unit. And then he added black handles. Now to figure out how to get it into my craft room!

Contact Paper Top

Because the dresser depth wasn't big enough, we used the old desktop and placed it just above the dresser. Once my husband had the piece in place, I had the bright idea of putting on contact paper from the Dollar Tree to cover up the bad spots of the old desktop. Just to save $$ instead of buying laminate. Let me tell you, it wasn't easy! But I love the end result!

The "New" Unit

I'm so happy with it! I was able to get rid of a lot of plastic! Thank you, hubby!

Scrapbookingmamaw

Questions on this post

Your question...
  1 question

Comments

2 of 10 comments
Next