Build An Open Shelf Bathroom Vanity

Build an open shelf vanity in a weekend for about $100! This looks like a Pottery Barn or Crate And Barrel without the price tag! We are at the tail end of our remodel and I've planed all along to build my own vanity. The plans are from a professional furniture designer and included in my blog post.
This is the finished project. I made the the vanity top too. It's poured concrete.
The vanity was made from 2x4's and 2X2's. I ripped them down to size and took the round edges off of the 2 x 4's
I used a Kreg Jig to make the pocket holes. It was really hot outside so a drop cloth and a good movie helped pass the time while I drilled about 130 holes!
It helped to lay everything out before assembling.
After the frame was put together I decided to stain and get my finish done before assembling the shelve slats. It saved me lots of time.
The last step is to attach the shelve slats. We turned it upside down and made pilot holes where we were attaching the shelve slats. The outside was first, the center was next and the two middle ones were last.
It looks great, I saved a bundle and had fun building this!
Get the plans free on my blog post!

Wendi @ H2OBungalow

• Hattie16

Was concrete top hard to do and what was ur mold from? Looks amazing!!!!

• Connie

Can I ask where your sinks came from... They are beautiful!!

• Patrice Paige

LOVE it, want to spend a few days on the beach and help me get rid of my ugly vanity? You can even bring your super cute furry helper......lol Where did you get the sinks?

• Oh my goodness, I am so darn excited about this post!! I am in the planning stage for my bathroom remodel without the high cost of replacing the tub and toilet and this is the idea and plans I was looking for! My plan is to the vanity top with concrete and the builder grade cabinet has been my hang up as to what to paint it. I just may have to build this one...I am pumped! Thank you for sharing this idea!

• Cheryl

Awesome post! Beautiful work!