$124 Laundry Room Overhaul- Pass Through to Garage (Custom DIY Shelves, Labels, Storage, Organization)

I know laundry rooms can be a bit of a bore, but this one is no longer- I went for high impact (on a budget)!
We have one of those terribly awkward and tiny "pass-through" laundry rooms, making it prime realty to collect junk and become disorganized. I finally decided that enough was enough and took matters into my own hands! With less then $150, I completed a custom color-blocked herringbone paint treatment using paint I had on hand, DIY'd new
shelving, created a hang-dry area for delicates, added some storage boxes with custom labels (made sans a Silhouette machine), hung bars for our frequently used cleaners and some hand towels, DIY'd some basic decor (included our swiffer duster "holder" vase, flowers in sand vases, and wall art with $1 frames and some travel art that I bought several years ago). In the end, the room turned out better than I ever could've imagined
and each day I walk through or by that room I literally smile uncontrollably (and awkwardly, I'm sure)! I recently posted the reveal on my blog.
Before & After of $124 Laundry Room Overhaul
Installing DIY Shelves in Laundry Room
Installing DIY Shelves in Laundry Room
Empty Your Pockets change jar
Empty Your Pockets change jar
DIY Laundry Room Decor
DIY Laundry Room Decor
Clothes Hanging Bar to dry delicates
Clothes Hanging Bar to dry delicates
Wall Art and Decor in Laundry Room
Wall Art and Decor in Laundry Room
DIY $124 Laundry Room Overhaul
DIY $124 Laundry Room Overhaul
DIY $124 Laundry Room Overhaul
DIY $124 Laundry Room Overhaul
Towel Bars to hang cleaning spray bottles and towels
Ashley Meyer - Design Build Love

• Victoria Kato

What paint did you use? And where did you buy it? Your work is very impressive.

• Dana

I'm guessing may be a dirty clothes hamper??

• Ruth Inman

What is in the open space to the right of the washer and dryer covered with white?

• Eroque022810

Do you also have the utilities across from laundry ares? I do and I'm trying to find out if I can place doors to separate the area it's an eyesore and shoes end up there. Plus I can't paint the whole room.

• Kimber

All morning I have been cleaning out our laundry room / garage (garage with a washer and dryer inconveniencing it, it seems). I got frustrated because drills and wood were laying across the washing maching, and I found screws IN it. I decided to take a phone break and typed in "garage organization". Hometalk routed me to your project. After reading it and seeing your pics, I feel re- energized and inspired! I can't wait to try this! Thank you!

• Cmackay1

This is a wonderful, easy to do, and impressive laundry makeover. thanks for the ideas