Nicole Burkholder
Nicole Burkholder
  • Murrieta, CA

How to Clean Microfiber Furniture

$1

Once upon a time, we bought a couch from an actual furniture store. The saleslady said, "This new fabric is called microfiber and it's GREAT for kids!" Obviously, this woman doesn't know what a kid is. Because it was awful. The couch looked wonderful until soon after our first son was born. Then one day he spit up on it and that was that. Now, we have an old, hand-me-down couch with regular upholstery that
how to clean microfiber furniture, cleaning tips, how to
You only need a few supplies that you probably already have in your home! Spray bottle
Rubbing alcohol
White rag or sponge
Stiff brush
Either pour some rubbing alcohol into a spray bottle, or just screw the spray pump directly onto the alcohol like I did above.
Lightly spray over the soiled area until it's damp to the touch
Scrub gently with a white rag or sponge. Don't use a colored sponge because it may bleed onto your fabric.
Allow to dry completely (about 20 minutes) and then brush lightly
This is just five minutes later, before the alcohol even had a chance to completely dry!
Be sure to click through to see more photos and read my *Warning* notice. With some experiments, you have to live and learn. :)
Nicole Burkholder