How do you make shower doors easier to slide

+9
To shower doors did slats on a track one is easy gliding in the other one is hard how do you make him both easier to slide
  • Adrianne C Adrianne C on Jan 16, 2015
    Clean them well with a scrub brush and spray dry silicone in the tracks. Wax is another solution.
  • Ruth Gibbons Ruth Gibbons on Jan 16, 2015
    I agree with Adrianne. Good cleaning and silicone spray is a must.
  • Cheryl Clark Cheryl Clark on Jan 16, 2015
    WD40 always works for me on any door I have a hard time with.
    • See 1 previous
    • Cheryl Clark Cheryl Clark on Feb 02, 2015
      @Marion Nesbitt Thank you so much for the info on that wd40 is good for arthritic bones, I sure need relief right now.
  • Lois Bishop Lois Bishop on Jan 16, 2015
    a bar of soap works well
  • Karen Karen on Jan 16, 2015
    Try adjusting how it hangs - - - there are usually adjusting screws at the top where the door hangs from. You can also remove it completely to clean the track and then adjust it. Good Luck.
  • Barb Burnham Barb Burnham on Jan 16, 2015
    You may have to replace the bottom gasket or rollers, whichever it has, if the ideas above don't work. I would use WD 40 in this case as it is more waterm resistanthe than some other items mentioned. A super clean, smooth track is absolute necessity to start the "fix". You may have to use a long handled screw driver to push an abrasive pad down into the track far enough to reach everything, and you'll know more as son as you remove the doors and can see the bottoms of them.
  • Evelyne Evelyne on Jan 16, 2015
    I think you can trie rubbing a candle the back of the door
  • Joan Joan on Jan 18, 2015
    If you don't have WD40 try a little olive oil. Clean the track thoroughly (Mr. Clean Eraser) and then apply a little bit to the track. Should make a big difference.
  • Johnavallance82 Johnavallance82 on May 10, 2021

Hi, Try spraying the tracks with WD-40 to help them slide better.