DIY PVC Pipe Book Storage

My daughter has really been getting into books lately, and every time I go into her room, they're all over the floor. We have a little bookcase, but some of the books are too high for her to reach. We wanted something close to the ground so that she could easily access some of her favorite books. I had seen a cute industrial pipe table shelf on Restoration Hardware, but didn't want to pay over $100. So, I
diy pvc pipe book storage, crafts, repurposing upcycling, storage ideas
We went to Home Depot and got all the supplies we needed, which was basically just a large PVC Pipe, two crosses, four elbows, and 4 end caps.
We cut the pieces to the size we wanted our shelf to be. We put the smaller cut pieces into the crosses, added the elbows on top, and the end caps on the bottoms.
We put the two long pipes into the elbow. I spray painted it white with a little glitter, so it'd be a little "girlier" for my daughter and work well in her room. You could paint it any color to match your decor!
We didn't use any pipe cement because it stuck together SO well. We couldn't take it apart if we tried! It's the perfect solution for her to reach her books and read them as she pleases! If you don't want it on the floor, you could easily have it sit on a table top as well.
The thicker books stay up best, but we just put her thin books between the thicker ones and it works great! Any suggestions for a type of sliding "bookends?"
To see more detailed instructions and pictures of how we made this shelf, visit my blog!
Amanda @ Dwelling In Happiness