Cleaning a Stainless Steel Sink

This sink was dull and dingy and needed to be clean and shiny. Another DIY using baking soda and vinegar made this happen.
After trying several cleaners full of chemicals, I wasn't happy with the results so I tried using what I had on hand.
Start by giving the whole sink area a heavy spraying of plain white vinegar then sprinkle a heavy coat of baking soda all over. Let this set for at least 5 minutes. Don’t forget to do the faucet area and outside rim of the sink.

After letting the baking soda soak into the vinegar, dampen a dish cloth, or you might prefer a sponge, with just enough water so you can make a paste with your baking soda. Keep scrubbing with the paste solution until you have done all of it.
Rinse well and dry. For all the details check out my blog post.

Rosemary Palmer

• Ina

Can I use Baking soda left over from being in the fridge?
    • Fluffy

yes, I always use my oldest box for cleaning. However, larger quantities are available in grocery stores. I think it is a 3lb size. I sometimes get it if I plan to clean all my drains in the same day.

• MomieX5

I use baby oil on all my stainless appliances...makes them look beautiful. The scent isn't overpowering and doesn't linger for very long.
  • Lisa Sinclair

I use baking soda to clean all my sinks and bath tubs/ showers. I use vinegar water to clean and wipe down counters/ walls/floors. If I feel it needs a little more cleaning power, i add a little dish soap. Easy peazy, and no extra cleaners needed.