Upcycled Kitchen Stool Gift Wrap Caddy

Wrapping paper can be an absolute bear to store unless you spend plenty of money on specialty storage containers. Well, why do that when a cheap kitchen stool from the salvage/thrift shop/garage sale can do the trick just as well?
upcycled kitchen stool gift wrap caddy, crafts, organizing, repurposing upcycling, storage ideas
When I found this $5 partially-broken kitchen stool, I knew immediately that it was the perfect candidate for upcycling into something else.
I gave it a quick paint job- because why not? I always feel like this "seals out" it's previous life...whatever that was.
To make my life easier in the end, I add 4 casters (from the home improvement store) to the top of the seat. Then I flipped it over!
I used a couple of old pillowcases to create different sized storage bags to attach to the rungs using double-sided velcro.
Long bags above, short bags below.
And then I filled the center with my rolls of gift wrap! How perfect is that? And the storage bags are perfect for wrapping extras- tissue paper, gift tags, ribbon, tape, pens, etc.
Sadie Seasongoods

• Jane

Excellent! Great idea. Looks good too.

• Suzann L

Of all the Hacks I've seen on this website, I vote that this is one of the best ideas, yet. I am always putting the wrapping paper in wastebaskets, but this idea is the most useful with the attachments and side bags to hold all the necessary items needed. Thank you for Brilliant idea!