Upcycled Kitchen Stool Gift Wrap Caddy

Wrapping paper can be an absolute bear to store unless you spend plenty of money on specialty storage containers. Well, why do that when a cheap kitchen stool from the salvage/thrift shop/garage sale can do the trick just as well?
When I found this $5 partially-broken kitchen stool, I knew immediately that it was the perfect candidate for upcycling into something else.
I gave it a quick paint job- because why not? I always feel like this "seals out" it's previous life...whatever that was.
To make my life easier in the end, I add 4 casters (from the home improvement store) to the top of the seat. Then I flipped it over!
I used a couple of old pillowcases to create different sized storage bags to attach to the rungs using double-sided velcro.
Long bags above, short bags below.
And then I filled the center with my rolls of gift wrap! How perfect is that? And the storage bags are perfect for wrapping extras- tissue paper, gift tags, ribbon, tape, pens, etc.
Sadie Seasongoods

Questions on this post

Your question...
3 of 5 questions

Comments

2 of 265 comments
Next