DIY Passion
DIY Passion
  • Canada

A Floor to Ceiling DIY Office Makeover

$1000
6 Weeks
Advanced

This room was a journey. It started out as the master bedroom at the front of the house. But one day, we decided the light was perfect for it to be transformed into our blogging office.
a floor to ceiling diy office makeover, bedroom ideas, home office, painting, wall decor
The walls were hugely damaged by the previous owners who had nailed an off-centre faux mantle to the long wall using 3-inch deck nails and who had installed lumber as crown moulding...Who does that?! haha. Anyway, the repairs took us many weekends of sanding and scraping! We also had professionals come and do some rewiring and move the closet door for us. We could have done it ourselves, but after six weeks of working, we just wanted to close the book on this project and enjoy our space!
We painted the walls 3/4 high with a cheerful aqua blue and carried a bright white all the way across the newly-repaired ceiling. We also painted out the faux wood trim and baseboards.
It's hard to believe that after the construction/electrical work, the decor and furnishings in this space cost us less than $1000, including the rug and light fixtures! Basically every single thing was a DIY project.
We'd love if you hopped over to our blog at www.diypassion.com for the full tour! We even did a little video to explain some of what's in the space :) Thanks so much for reading!
DIY Passion

• Darlene Merritt

Oh my gosh ! Beautiful and I love the color

• Sue Sanders

Hadn't thought of a makeover for china hutches, one from Mother and another from an Aunt. I have my own built in China cabinet over a serving counter. All the above are in my dining room which I still have room for a table and chairs for eight. Will try to come up with an idea for at least one of the extra hutches so can use in a different room. Thanks for idea.