Leaf-Print Concrete Stepping Stones

$20

I wanted to make a large number of personalized stepping stones for the garden and this method worked perfectly! Plus, they cost less than $2 each so it was easy to fit into my budget.
leaf print concrete stepping stones, concrete masonry, gardening, how to
The most challenging part of the project was figuring out how to cut the cement tube so that each mold was exactly 2" deep and level. I've seen pavers made in cement tube molds before but they didn't say HOW to cut the tube. My husband came up with an ingenious solution of creating a guide...the steps to which create another DIY project! You can see how he did it here: https://gardentherapy.ca/diy-leaf-print-stepping-stones/
I picked leaves from my garden that were strong and flat to imprint into my pavers.
But once that was done, and the molds were filled with concrete, I sprayed the underside of the leaf with cooking oil...
...and pressed the leaf into the concrete.
They came out beautifully! I can't wait until they are in the garden.

• Concrete
  • Leaf
Stephanie @ Garden Therapy