This Tiny Bathroom Was in Desperate Need of Some TLC - Until Now!

$100

This tiny bathroom was in desperate need of some TLC. I didn't have a ton of money to spend on this space, so I had to get a little creative to find a way to fix it up.
This is the dark, green, yucky before.
This wall has one small window. Keep in mind this is a basement bathroom from a 1960's house. My goal was to brighten up the space using light, neutral colors.
I started by giving our builder grade oak vanity a new look. I added some dark brown to hide that honey oak color.
Next, I used a white chalk paint to give it a lighter, brighter look.
The walls were covered in a coat of primer.
I chose a bright white wall color to give the bathroom a clean fresh look.
To add a touch of "farmhouse" I added a plank wall using cut strips of plywood.
I then filled the holes and primed the wall.
The edges of the plank wall got a small piece of trim for a nice finished look. Then the wall was painted the same bright white.
I made a few fun driftwood pieces to add a little "nature" to the room. The best part of all, they saved me a ton of money and look super cute!
The cheesebox shelf is my favorite project to date. There is a full tutorial on my blog if you would like to make your own. (link below)
I made this driftwood shelf from an old fence post I found while on a fishing trip.
The mirror was framed using bark chips. (Also picked up while on a fishing trip.)
I am so pleased with the way it all came together. The breakdown: paint and primer - already had Plank wall - Plywood $30 Shower curtain - $25 Chalk paint - $7 Pendant light kit - $16 DIY light fixture - $6 cheese box shelf - $2 towel hanger screws - $2 Wreath - $3 Wall art - free driftwood shelf - free
To read my full post about this bathroom click the link to my blog.

16 Fun Ways You Can Use Food To Decorate Your Home
3 Wonderful Ways You Can Upcycle Old Windows
25 Christmas Wreath Ideas You Don't Want To Miss This Year
The Wonderful Things You Can Make With...Paper!
15 Amazing Projects To Help Make Your Home Look Fabulous
3 Ideas To Use Terracotta Pots You Definitely Haven't Seen Before
Carrie @ Curb To Refurb

• Maria Salcedo
    Maria Salcedo

Nice change. Why didn’t you include the floor in any of your pictures?

• Gloria McFarland
    Gloria McFarland

if my cabinet is white what can i use to make it look like that.

• April Lester
      April Lester

You could do like a grey and black (or brown) wash...with a paint brush you can make it look streaked like the wood with the dry brush method- with very little paint on your brush at a time.....and just layer your different colors

• Connie Hillyer Horn
    Connie Hillyer Horn

How did you attach the belt to the round wall art?

• Pat
      Pat

She probably used staple gun and/ or glue like E6000.