How do I unstall the grab bar in the bathroom for my 90 year old mom?

• Ebbjdl Ebbjdl on Jul 15, 2018

The grab bar has to be installed far in behind the tile. You'll need a drill, to penetrate the tile block, and pass that on to the sheetrock. If you don't put the tiles back properly, the water will keep into the sheetrock and that's when mold starts. Call a plumber to do this. Find one online at Home advisor.com

• DesertRose DesertRose on Jul 15, 2018

We put one in our bathroom for our disabled son. First we found the 2x4 in the wall. You can find it by tapping lightly and hear the sound change OR you can get a tool at the home improvement that will tell you when you have scanned a support beam 2x4 in the wall. We chose the longest one available and screwed it into the wall vertically with screws. We put it vertically so he could reach it whether he was sitting or standing. Also, we put it NEXT to the shower where he climbs in and out to get a shower to brace himself and balance himself. The brackets come with holes in them and screws for them also. You may need more than one, we only needed one for our son. I hope this helps Leena and God bless you for taking care of your mom in her later years!