How do I clean the grout between the tile on a bathroom floor?

+17
q how do i clean the grout between the tile on a bathroon floor
  • Tricia Tricia on Aug 26, 2018

Zip grout cleaner and whitener. Pour it on leave and close the door for about 10 minutes and it’s done. It’s the only cleaner I tried that actually does what it says

• Ebbjdl Ebbjdl on Aug 26, 2018

Hello Kto. This has to be the most asked question of all. Their are so many commercial and home remides to tackle this job. This looks like the bottom of the shower floor. I use vinegar, peroxide, bleach, the bleach is not good, because it goes deep into the tile, and it looses it's grout. I also use Kaboom. It's hard to say what works, but you still have to scrub it. My other hometalk team mates, will give you some other ideas.

• Ticia Ticia on Aug 27, 2018

Besides various home remedies using peroxide and baking soda and/or vinegar and baking soda, I've used Clorox toilette bowl cleaner with bleach and they all work but there is some scrubbing that is necessary. There is no really easy method. Good luck.

• Maria Romero Maria Romero on Aug 27, 2018

Vinegar And scrub

• BBB BBB on Aug 27, 2018

If you buy paint for grout it will not only paint it but seal it as well. Tedious work to paint in between those tiny lines but it does work and will last longest.

• Lor24490907 Lor24490907 on Aug 27, 2018

The best solution I've found is to make a thin paste of Oxi-Clean and water. Apply and scrub, let sit for 20-30 minutes and then rinse thoroughly. This will be fairly easy if you are dealing with a shower floor, harder if you are doing a bathroom floor as it's wet, messy and slippery. After the grout is clean you will need to seal it to keep it from getting dirty again. These sealers are clear, not colored grout paint.

• Fel33939446 Fel33939446 on Aug 27, 2018

Hi. You mix 1/2 cup of vinegar with a 1/4 cup of baking soda to a 3-5L of water and 2 tablespoons of washing up liquid. Mix apply to floor area leave a few minutes to penetrate and scrub gently. What a pleasure to clean the floor again. Best wishes Felicia Butler from South Africa.

• Schelley Kay Kurle Schelley Kay Kurle on Aug 30, 2018

Also, use a wire scrubbing brush to get in between the tiles. Try it with any of the above noted solutions.

• Here's a post I did a while back which compares different methods: https://www.curbly.com/2254-how-to-clean-tile-grout

• Dee Dee on Dec 20, 2018

Heat up one cup of white vinegar in microwave, add Dawn Platinum, about 5 tablespoons, mix gently with a spoon. Then pour into a spray bottle, add water to fill spray bottle. Spray your floor and let sit for about 1/2 an hour. Then rinse.

• I made an Oxy Clean paste with water and scrubbed it with a toothbrush. Wiped it off with a damp rag. Cleaned it right up. Forgotten how blue my grout actually was! Then sealed it well.

• Linda Linda on Feb 25, 2020

Make a paste of baking soda and peroxide then apply it to your grout with a toothbrush. Let it sit a little and then remove with a clean cloth.

• Michelle Leslie Michelle Leslie on Sep 03, 2020

Hi there, You can make a thin paste of hydrogen peroxide and baking soda. Apply it to the grout and let it sit for about 10-15 minutes. Scrub with an old toothbrush and rinse clean. If the grout between the tiles has worn down too far, it may be a better idea to first re-grout and then seal. You can also buy grout pens to quickly “recolor” your grout and make them look new again.

• Michelle Leslie Michelle Leslie 11 hours ago

Hi there, we used to deep clean the grout by hand once a year, a long and painful process. Now we use a drill set on low-speed and it made a huge difference. So much quicker and easier on your knees too, Here's a video that will show you how it's done - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flfAc_jMzvM.