Does anyone know how to remove hard water stains from a plastic sink

+4
Have a plastic sink in a mobile home that has hard water stains and discoloration spots. Can't seem to get them off. Any ideas?

• Line the sink with paper towels then dribble vinegar over them untill saturated. Let it soak for a half hour or so. If more is needed, make a paste of baking soda and vinegar.

• Cindy Cindy on Oct 24, 2017
    Sprinkle Baking Soda in your sink and mist with vinegar. Let it set at least 15 minutes and then scrub.

• Debbie Debbie on Oct 24, 2017
    When I was a kid, our house had a plastic bath tub. My mom always made us wipe it down with Vinegar first and then scrub it with baking soda. I don’t remember how well it worked but my mom still swears by it.

• V Smith V Smith on Oct 25, 2017
    This process requires sun light so start early in the day or use a UV light. 1)Clean the sink with denatured alcohol, let it dry. 2) put on gloves and eye protection. 3) spread 40 Volume Creme Developer (get it at Sally Beauty Supply Store) on the entire sink with a tint brush. 4) Cover with cling wrap and let it sit in sunlight. Try to keep the layer of 40 Volume Creme Developer even to prevent streaks. If you do get streaks you can just repeat the process. Most plastics respond to this bleaching within 1 sunny day.

• Hillela G. Hillela G. on Oct 25, 2017
    Baking soda and vinegar has worked for me too- sometimes a magic eraser will help with those tougher stains- good luck :)