How do I remove rust spots from ceramic tile?

+7
I had two iron planters in my dining room with salt lamps on them. The salt lamps did some melting ov the summer and it dribbled down the side of the tables and left rust spots on the tile and grout.,
q how do i remove rust spots from ceramic tile
  • Vimarhonor Vimarhonor on Jan 03, 2018
    Have you tried Barkeepers friend?
    Im impressed by all the cleaning problems it solves, it may resolve your rust stains. Its one of my favorite cleansers.

”Trusted by homeowners, hobbyists, musicians, and professional cleaners worldwide, Bar Keepers Friend superior hard surface cleansers tackle rust, mineral deposits, baked-on food, and other tough stains with gentle, bleach-free formulations. Available wherever household cleaning products are sold, Bar Keepers Friend makes industrial-strength cleaning safe, quick, and easy.”

• Johnavallance82 Johnavallance82 on Jan 03, 2018
    Try WD-40

• Rose Broadway Rose Broadway on Jan 03, 2018
    Another idea is to make a thin paste out of Comet powder and water. Put it on the stains and leave for a few hours. You may have to repeat, but I seem to resort to Comet every time I have a stain of some sort.

• Pau5674629 Pau5674629 on Jan 04, 2018
    Rub it off with a cloth dipped in kerosene

• Brittany Bacon Brittany Bacon on Jan 04, 2018
    Wd 40 should work. Spray on and lightly scrub. Works on vinyl floor so I'm guessing that would work.

• Dot Dot on Jan 04, 2018
    Bar Keepers Friend Cleanser and Polish Works great!

• try some hydrogen peroxide It works in my shower.

• NBD20582096 NBD20582096 on Jan 04, 2018
    The hydrogen peroxide does work on rust stains. I use it in my bathtub. The best thing to try is "Whink"- Rust Stain Remover, it can be purchased at most any store, Walmart, Food Lion, Etc. Use a old cloth, hold cloth just under area you want to work on, apply the rust remover, allow your cloth to absorb the access, wait a few minutes, use cloth to rub the area you applied the rust remover to. If it does not remove all of the rust, leave wet cloth on the spot for a few minutes, and rub again, this may need to be repeated, but it should take the rust off with little effort. I keep a bottle of this under my kitchen sink, in the bathroom and the laundry cabinet. It works on anything. Good luck.

• How12096359 How12096359 on Jan 05, 2018
    I have removed rust from sinks with powdered alum. Should work on ceramic tile and won't scratch.