How do I remove wallpaper from walls the easy way?

+2

what is the fastest & easiest way to remove old wallpaper from a bedroom wall?

• K. Rupp K. Rupp on Jun 07, 2019

Use a scoring tool that you can use in circular motions. This will score the wallpaper and cut it into tiny little holes all over. Then you get a wallpaper dissolvant liquid that gets smeared on top of all the holes so that it soaks in. All of this is at Home Depot. Then peel off the paper. You can also rent a steamer from Home Depot but the expense and mess of that may not be needed if the scoring tool and solution work first. Good luck! Removing wallpaper is not one of my favorite things. lol.

• There's no easy way. It all depends on what kind of glue was used, what type of paper it is and whether it was DIY or professionally installed.

I always start by spraying it with warm water and using a plastic scraper to remove what I can. It might take a while, but it usually does the job with the least amount of damage.

Be sure to wash the walls when you're done. Use a sponge and keep cleaning until the wall doesn't feel slimy anymore.

• Sharon Sharon on Jun 13, 2019

use a solution of liquid fabric softener, spray on walls wait a couple minutes then with a scraper and a blow dryer it should come right off. when I removed ours it took a few times because we found out there was 8 layers of wallpaper. but it worked.