How do I remove white lime deposit from ceramic container?

+8
This ceramic container sits on my gas fireplace full of water all winter to provide moisture in the air. A hard, white film collects on the inside of the container which is very difficult to remove. Is there something which would dissolve this film?
q how do i remove white lime deposit from ceramic container
  • Janet Pizaro Janet Pizaro on Dec 12, 2017
    Try baking soda and water into a paste

• Sharon Sharon on Dec 12, 2017
    Soak in vinegar or CLR

• Try wiping it with vinegar. If it needs a little more, add some baking soda.

• Linda Sikut Linda Sikut on Dec 12, 2017
    It looks like everyone agrees. Vinegar with the possible use of baking soda works best. :) Wishing you the best.

• 27524803 27524803 on Dec 12, 2017
    The CLR or vinegar should do it... and use filtered or distilled water like you would for a steamer or an iron.

• Teresa Teresa on Dec 12, 2017
    Vinegar will eventually loosen the lime scale. But count on letting it soak for a loonger time if the lime buildup is thick. Like overnite or all day.

• Sallie Wolff Sallie Wolff on Dec 12, 2017
    Add vinegar to the water when you fill it, it will help with breaking down the lime scale & help with household odors.

• Mrs32091206 Mrs32091206 on Dec 13, 2017
    If the vinegar doesn't work for you, try Lemi Shine! Available almost everywhere. Great stuff! I
    use it on almost everything because hard water is a real buggaboo here.

• Denisenewby Denisenewby on Dec 13, 2017
    I have the same problem with a small crockpot that I keep filled with water and on low during the winter. I recently purchased some essential oils from Target - I believe it is cucumber-rosemary, and voila! the next time I went to refresh the water, big chunks of the deposits were floating loose! Not sure if the flavor of oil had anything to do with it, but it sure made a big difference! I tried baking soda/vinegar mix and it did nothing.

• Gayla VandenBosche Gayla VandenBosche on Dec 16, 2017
    Denture cleaner - soak the container in it.