How do you get a shower head clean

+2
  • Soak it in vinegar and give it a scrub with an old toothbrush. You can tie a plastic bag of vinegar around it so you don't have to remove it.

• Laura Freeman Luptak Laura Freeman Luptak on Jan 07, 2018
    Fill a heavy zip loc bag with vinegar , tie it onto the shower head and walk away - let it soak for 30 Min or longer - when finished and your shower head is all clean dump the vinegar down the drain followed by some baking soda and your drain will be freed of any grime that lurkes down there - I work crime scene clean ups and vinegar is the best cleaner I’ve come across for multi cleaning jobs

• Linda Sikut Linda Sikut on Jan 07, 2018
    I agree with the others. I was actually going to say put vinegar in a zip lock bag and tie it onto the shower head. The only thing I would do that is a tad different from what Laura said, is that I would put the baking soda in the drain before the vinegar. Probably not a big deal. In my funky brain :) I would think that if the vinegar would go down the drain before the baking soda so the reaction would be less. Wishing you the best with your shower.

• Nancy Turner Nancy Turner on Jan 07, 2018
    Put the baking soda down first before the vinegar into your drain, then put some boiling water to rinse it all down after it fizzes for a while. That will take care of the gunk, but maybe not the hair. Otherwise, the above suggestions are great!

• Hillela G. Hillela G. on Jan 08, 2018
    I use vinegar to get the job done- good luck!!