DIY Dollar Tree Faux Galvanized Metal 3-Tiered Tray
Tiered Trays are Beyond Trending right now, so the prices...well can be pretty pricey. Especially for a 3-Tiered Tray this size.
And here is that thing, YOU CAN MAKE THIS for only a few bucks but i can bet most of these things you already have around the house.
- Pizza pan: I used the 12in. one from Dollar Tree -$1
- One Oven Burner Cover: Dollar Tree has them in a set of 2. You could use the second one for the 3rd Tier. I used
- Round Cake Pan: I used the 8in. one from Dollar Tree-$1
- 3 Candle Stick Holders: I got mine from a local Thrift for $1.50 for all 3. Dollar Tree Has Candle Stick holders as well.
- 1 Wood beads: At Dollar Tree they come in a bag with a few sizes and colors. I used the largest size in the bag. Color does not matter because we will be painting it -$1
- 1 Shower Curtain Ring from Dollar Tree they come in a 12 pack -$1
- Wedge Makeup sponges I got mine for Dollar Tree they come in a 28 pack -$1
- Jute Twine- again I got mine from Dollar Tree -$1
Paints and Glues:
- Folkart Metallic Acrylic paint in the colors Gunmetal Gray and Sterling Silver
- Apple Barrel Acrylic paint in the color Pewter Grey
- Black paint just about any black paint will do. I used Folkart Chalk paint in the color Rich Black
- White Paint I used Waverly
- Strong Hot Glue or E6000 Glue
Let the Fun begin!
Using the makeup sponge Dab the sponge in the Black paint, then start dabbing the sponge all over the pizza pan. You want light and dark spots with the black paint so after dabbing the sponge in the black paint dab it all over the pizza pan until pushing harder and softer in different spots mast the paint is off the sponge . Then you can add more black paint and just keep dabbing. I bet my kid wishes I was saying that to him. He used to do this popular dance move called the Dab all the time and i would always say "would you stop that already" lol.
Then Do the same Process with the other paint colors.
Here is the Order i went in with the paints after Black:
- Pewter Grey
- Gunmetal Grey
- Sterling Silver
Also do this process on the Oven Burner and the Cake pan.
Paint the Candle Holders and the Wood Bead with the White paint.
To make the Top/Handle
Using the Shower Curtain Ring add a little spot of glue then add the Jute Twine by Twisting it around the Shower Curtain Ring going from one end to the other.
Now where the Shower Curtain Ring opens up at you will place the White Bead. Placing the ends of the Ring into the holes on the Bead
Starting with the Pizza pan at the bottom, you will then glue down the first Candle Holder onto the center of the Pizza pan..
Next glue the Oven Burner Cover on top of that first candle holder.
Glue the second Candle Stick Holder to the center of the Oven Burner Cover.
Glue the Cake pan to the second Candle Stick Holder.
Glue the Last Candle Stick Holder to the center of the Cake Pan.
Now Simply glue the Shower Curtain Ring with the White bead to the Top of the last Candle Stick Holder.
YAYYYYYY NOW WE CAN DECORATE!!!
I know some people may find Decorating a Tiered Tray kind of scary.
Well No Worries, 7 of these Tiered Tray Fillers are Actually Dollar Tree DIY'S also. Please let me know if you would like me to upload a post on all of those Adorable yet Affordable DIY Dollar Tree Tiered Tray Fillers. I promise they are all super Easy to make and you can add them right to your Tiered Tray,
Faux Galvanized Metal Farmhouse 3-Tiered Tray
Dollar Tree Materials, except the Candle Stick Holders. Dollar Tree Does carry Candle holder that will do just fine.
Tier # 1
Tier # 2
Tier # 3
I have these paints on my Amazon Store along with many other DIY, Craft Room, and Home Decor Must Haves.
Here are the Direct links:
Gunmetal Gray: https://amzn.to/3e3bpf5
Pewter Grey: https://amzn.to/32g8BbE
Sterling Silver: https://amzn.to/32iGNDG
Those 3 paint can me found at Walmart for only 97 cents!
I am not sure how much the White and Black Chalk Paint is in Store. I usually buy mine from Amazon.
Here are those Direct Links:
Black Chalk Paint: https://amzn.to/3GZC2xV
White Chalk Paint: https://amzn.to/3F93yZi
Using the makeup sponge, Dab the sponge in the Black paint. Then start dabbing the sponge all over the pizza pan. You want light and dark spots with the black paint so after dabbing the sponge in the black paint dab it all over the pizza pan until pushing harder and softer in different spots mast the paint is off the sponge . Then you can add more black paint and just keep dabbing. I bet my kid wishes I was saying that to him. He used to do this popular dance move called the Dab all the time and i would always say "would you stop that already" lol.
Stack the pans from largest to smallest adding a Candle Stick Holder that was painted with the White Chalk Paint, between each pan. Be sure to Glue them down. if you are adding heavier things to your Tray, this is where i recommend E6000 glue.
Add the Bead that was added to the Shower Curtain Ring that is wrapped in Jute Twine to the top of the top Candle Holder.
Can you spot the 7 DIY Dollar Tree Tiered Tray Fillers?
Here is my Amazon Affiliate Storefront
If you would like to see more of my DIY Tutorials please check out my YouTube Channel https://youtube.com/c/GleespenDesigns
- Pizza pan (Dollar Tree)
- One Oven Burner Cover (Dollar Tree)
- Round Cake Pan (Dollar Tree)
- Wood Bead/Beads (Dollar Tree)
- Shower Curtain Ring/Rings (Dollar Tree)
- Wedge Makeup Sponges (Dollar Tree)
- Jute Twine (Dollar Tree)
- 3 Candle Stick Holders (Thrift shop)