Decorate a Lampshade
Using fabric style paper, decorate a lampshade.
Match the design and the colors to your place by choosing other papers.
Cut the wings from the Mixed Media Origins Grace paper using a sharp blade
Tear pieces of the Grace paper horizontally to keep the lining of the letters. Remember not to keep a straight cutting as you need to achieved a heavily distressed look. Add black shades with the Coal color mist on the edges of the paper cuttings.
Mark where the wings will be placed and distress the lampshade on that part with the black color.
Start glueing the paper cuttings, avoiding the place where the wings will be set. Use the Vintage Brass to distress parts of the papers and the lampshade.
Color the wings with the Tattered angels mists. First I covered all the wings with the Mustard mist and then added details and partially cover with the rest mists. Use the glimmer glaze at the end. When colors dry, glue the wings on the lampshade.
Decorate further by scattering stamping the lampshade.
- Tattered angels Mixed Media Origins - Grace (Canvas Corp Brands)
- Tattered angels Glimmer Mist - Vintage Brass (Canvas Corp Brands)
- Tattered angels High Impact Metallic Paint - Rose Gold (Canvas Corp Brands)
- Tattered angels High Impact Metallic Paint - Light Gold (Canvas Corp Brands)
- Tattered angels Glimmer Mist - Sugar Maple (Canvas Corp Brands)
- 7G Cling Stamp: Time Pieces (Canvas Corp Brands)
- Black solvent inkpad (Canvas Corp Brands)
- Tattered angels Glimmer Glaze Paint - Satchel (Canvas Corp Brands)
Want more details about this and other DIY projects? Check out my blog post!
Published October 15th, 2016 6:46 AM