License Plate Beverage Carrier
Because guys like to have cool things to carry too…
This beverage carrier is perfect for BYOB barbecues, summer get-togethers, baseball watch parties, Father’s Day or any occasion!
Who knew one cedar fence post and 2 old license plates could make such a fun DIY?! I used one Cleveland Indians and one traditional license plate because that’s what Edward had in the garage. I personally kinda like the mis-matched look.
- 1 cedar fence post cut into: (2) 7″ pieces (one piece will have to be manually dog- eared) and (1) 12″ bottom piece. You can find the fence pickets here.
- 2 license plates
- metal bottle cap opener
- wood screws
- Nail gun or Staple gun
- 4 Leather Strips approx. 24″ in length each ( I had some left over from the Cleveland Indians Door Hanger you can see here)
- 17″ long 1″ Dowel Rod
- 2 Eye Hooks
- Drill 2 – 1/2″ holes into both side pieces (before attaching plates & bottom piece)
- Using a staple gun, nail the plate to each side piece
- Drill the bottom piece to underside of side pieces
Taking 2 strips of leather, pull them from the inside out and knot the first hole.
- Run strips through eye hooks
- And back through second hole. Knot to secure.
Add a bottle opener on the side to complete the functionality of the carrier.
I opted to paint and distress the wood pieces and stain the dowel rod.
Add a few bottle of his favorite beverage...
Pretty darn cool.
And off he goes with his beer in tow!