How can I use a soda can tab to hang things on the wall?

Hillela G.
by Hillela G.
+2
I think I saw an idea once that you can use soda can tabs to hang pictures, clocks, and the like on the wall. What's the best way to reinforce them? And attach them to the item? Thanks for your help!!!
q how can i use a soda can tab to hang things on the wall
  • LaViCa LaViCa on Jul 26, 2017
    Depending on the material of the items you wish to hang, using a flat them-tack to affix the soda tab to the back of what you wish hang works well. Hot glue gun glue can be used to adhere the tab onto the item, but I would rely on this option for very light items, only (or ones that are not breakable).

• A A on Jul 26, 2017
    I use superglue, but first I bend the tab out, just a bit, from the bottom. It allows a little space for when you hang it. I may not have explained that very well. I know superglue is supposed to dry quickly, but I allow some time (an hour or more) and test the adhesion before hanging the item.

If it's a wood backing, you can also screw them on with small screws or nail them with small finishing nails. The tabs are aluminum so they're easy to screw or nail through.

• C. D. Scallan C. D. Scallan on Jul 26, 2017
    I would use E6000 or Loctite . Hot glue is not that sturdy .

• Barbara Barbara on Jul 26, 2017
    I used these with hot glue, my pictures were actually coasters that I hung in my kitchen, so if your pictures aren't heavy I think hot glue is fine.