Do you remember Gil Elvgren pin-up girls? My friend gave me a wonderful gift – a calendar with Brown & Bigelow reproduction paintings. I decided to make a do-it-yourself project using my favorite images.
DIY Retro Style Clock
1) Make a hole in the middle of the board (find out the required size by checking the clock mechanism).2) Paint the board with acrylic paints – I made a neutral greyish background.3) Cut out the image and place it on the desired area on the board. Cover it with decoupage glue. You need to do it little by little making sure that there is no air left underneath it.
4) Cut out the numbers and allocate them on the board using ruler and angle meter.
5) Cover the numbers with decoupage glue. I covered the whole surface with the decoupage glue in order for it to look more even.6) Let the surface dry completely. Cover it then with acrylic varnish – it will create a glossy look and also protect your creation from dust and moisture.7) Insert the clock mechanism and put in the battery. Set the time!
- 1) a circular wooden board or a cardboard ( I used canvas on cardboard sold in the art shops)
- 2) clock mechanism ( I found one in the clock repair shop)
- 3) acrylic paints – I used only black and white
- 4) decoupage glue
- 5) acrylic varnish
- 6) numbers printed out on Laser Jet printer
Published August 22nd, 2017 9:12 AM
2 of 4 comments