Whip up the World's Easiest Coffee Sign... Using 3 Unmatched Planks!
For those who know me, they know I love my coffee!
However I also love EASY projects. Especially those that celebrate my favorite brew.
So I challenged myself! What if I gathered up 3 random boards that didn't even match or measure the same... could it really be that easy?
I'll let the quirky, epic results speak for themselves...
Desiring to come up with an easy way to make a coffee sign that could hang mugs, 3 random reclaimed wood planks were gathered up.
I even purposefully chose edges that were not perfect. But rather, chips and dings was the key, to resemble 'live' wood edges.
Next up was to join the planks. A couple of support boards screwed to the back would work!
However, because I desired my sign to lay flat against the wall, I chose to join the boards with a Kreg Jig.
A Kreg Jig is a tool that creates pocket holes, making it effortless to join wood. It's a must to have on hand if you love to build!
How to use a Kreg Jig
- Turn boards good side down.
- Insert boards into the jig.
- Drill holes where desired.
- Use screws through pocket holes to attach boards.
CLICK HERE to view a helpful, short video on how to use a Kreg Jig at the bottom of any of these posts!
To make the chosen coffee theme super easy to execute, I grabbed this Organic Coffee stencil from Funky Junk's Old Sign Stencils, which resembles a stamped crate or coffee bean sack design.
View this plus other coffee-themed stencils HERE
Because I desired a rustic crate stamped appearance, the image was stenciled in Fusion Mineral Paint's Coal Black.
How to stencil
- Dip brush into paint, then remove most onto a cloth for a dry-brush feel.
- Position stencil into place.
- Tap or swirl paint through stencil for desired effect.
So simple and fast!
3 hooks were then added to the right plank to hang mugs!
Isn't the finished result the coolest?!
I LOVE this quirky little coffee sign! It's a space saver in a kitchen, and makes for some pretty cool kitchen-themed decor at the same time!
And you don't have to be a professional sign maker or designer to get this look!
Thinking beyond coffee, this sign design could be used to hang most anything... plants, tea towels, aprons, coats, etc!
And now about that coffee...
Think you'll try an easy and quirky little sign like this? What theme would you use for yours?
Want more details on this project?
CLICK HERE to view this and other easy, reclaimed wood sign projects!
- Organic Coffee stencil (https://www.funkyjunksoldsignstencils.com/collections/coffee/products/)
- Fusion Mineral Paint - Coal Black (website)
- 3 reclaimed wood planks (the curb)
- Rustic coat hooks (hardware store)
- Kreg Jig K4 (hardware store)
- Stencil brush (craft store)