Inexpensive ways to get a “wood” look over my drywalled shed ceili

+2

I just drywalled over fiberglass insulation in our shed, and I’m looking for inexpensive options to get the look of wood on the ceiling. Any suggestions?

q inexpensive ways to get a wood look over my drywalled shed ceili

Outside view of the shed we’re transforming into a “tiny house”, minus plumbing..

an outdoor photograph looking into the drywalled ceiling around the skylight.

Ceiling drywall halfway complete!

Drywalled ceiling coming down to the loft joists. Thinking about how to get that “wood” look for not much money.

• GrandmasHouseDIY GrandmasHouseDIY on Jul 12, 2018
    Hi Magi the most inexpensive "wood look" I can think of is plybead, its plywood that looks like bead board. I used it on all my ceilings and it looks pretty nice, you can stain it or paint it.

• Zard Pocleeb Zard Pocleeb on Jul 12, 2018
    You can use laminate flooring.

• Emily Emily on Jul 12, 2018

yep, fake beadboard is the way to go. We did our attic ceiling in it.

• Teacup8885 Teacup8885 on Jul 12, 2018
    Maybe find some free wood pallets, sand em, u could nail them up as is or with a router, cut half the thicknes n bout 1/4in in to make u able to joint the boards n glue them b4 nailing them ?!! If this is confusing reply back n i will draw it out!! Lol

• Laura Cooper Laura Cooper on Aug 08, 2018

Check craigslist and any building supply salvage yards in your area for free or cheap leftover wood flooring.