How long before I can replant my strawberries

+3
I have creeping charlie and poison ivy really bad in my strawberry patch. I want to remove the plants and spray to kill this stuff. How long before I can replant the strawberry's Thanks

• Carole Triplett Brooks Carole Triplett Brooks on Jun 22, 2017
    It will depend on what you use to kill the poison ivy. Follow the instructions of the manufacturer for replanting. The label will tell you. If you are unsure call the 800 number on the container.

Good luck!

• Move the strawberry patch for this year. Vinegar is my go to, but may take more than one application, then the dead charlie and ivy need to be removed, ground tilled and composted.

• Judy Judy on Jun 22, 2017
    you can replant all the new babies as soon as they are big enough to have roots....or try transplanting them small into peat pots with to start your roots.....make a small plastic greenhouse to provide humidity so they will root quickly....just like any other plant. The old plants only bare good supply of berries first yr anyway....I always start new rows every yr and then mow down old plants after they have produced....this way....you do not have the weeds and grass....you get a great harvest and you do not have diseases happening on old crops....I do the same for my raspberries. To get rid of poison ivy....smother the plants with multiple layers of newspaper in the spring....round up doesn't even kill it. good luck

• Russbow Russbow on Jun 22, 2017
    Depends on what you spray with. Round up will be gone from contact with the dirt in just a few days, I do not know about others. You could try using a q tip or such, like a cleaner swab for revolvers, to coat just the leaves of the bad stuff and not touch the strawberries as another idea. I have done that.

• Cori Widen Cori Widen on Jun 22, 2017
    If you used a chemical, I'd do it somewhere else this season