I recently bought an old house-tips on floor & walls?

i some tips on how to lay some floorinan fix the walls ...i would just say im happy with this home ...i need cheap ideas that looks great

• Lori Verni-Fogarsi Lori Verni-Fogarsi on Dec 22, 2017
    I highly recommend Allure resilient vinyl plank flooring. I like the original kind that goes together with grip strips. It is inexpensive and very easy to install. Also very durable and easy to care for. You buy it at Home Depot.

• Dfm Dfm on Dec 22, 2017
    what needs fixing on the walls? Scratches, holes? Are the walls sheet rock or plaster?im looking at your 3 cats going how did rusty get there....the orange tabby is a ringer for one of mine...

• Dianacirce70 Dianacirce70 on Dec 22, 2017
    Old house owner here. If you have lathe and plaster walls you should be able to put plaster in the holes and sand smooth. If its a bigger issue, like huge chunks missing. Here is a link that might help https://www.thisoldhouse.com/how-to/how-to-repair-plaster

I really like Lori's idea on the Allure flooring. I am going to check into that for us! We put laminate down about 8 years ago and its getting pretty shabby We also put tile in the kitchen, and while I was the one that chose the color, I have hated it ever since!