Kitchen cabinets

hey. i have original brown cabinets that I hate. they lost their shine and are chipping. I rent this house so not looking to spend much but would love to do an upgrade with them.
q kitchen cabinets
q kitchen cabinets
  5 answers
  • Tinyshoes Tinyshoes on Jan 06, 2018
    clean, sand, prime and paint

  • Janet Pizaro Janet Pizaro on Jan 06, 2018
    before you do anything I would get permission fro your landlord.If it ok covering them in contact paper would be the cheapest option unless you want to paint

  • Molly Anmar Molly Anmar on Jan 06, 2018
    Perhaps they just need a really good cleaning to restore the shine. Get some TSP/tri-sodium phosphate/sugar soap from the hardware store and rubber gloves to protect the skin on your hands and give them a good clean, rinse and dry.

    Paint would be the quickest way to update your cabinets. Is this something the landlord would let you do?

    Elsewise, consider an attractive strippable wallpaper in the panels.

  • Holly Kinchlea-Brown Holly Kinchlea-Brown on Jan 06, 2018
    Ask your landlord if you can paint the cupboards, then use a chalky type paint or a fusion paint, seal with polycrylic

  • Cindy Hagemann Cindy Hagemann on Jan 06, 2018
    I would just do a wood condition on them to bring them back to life - since you are renting. Use ReStoreAFinish - great stuff, just wipe it on with a soft cotton rag (or sock). It comes in lots of different finishes - so you can match your cabinets to the conditioner color. Buy it online or at HD, Lowe, etc.