How to organize the kitchen?

+7
where to put the most used items to the least so the kitchen keeps clean and empty not crowde...

• Chubby58 Chubby58 on Jun 20, 2017
    Put all of your special holiday, entertaining dishware, party stuff, baking pans only used occasionally in the high part of your cabinets. Wherever you prepare your foods, should be near your utensil drawer and dishes in the cabinet above. I always keep my dry foods, ie: cake mix, flour, sugar, chocolate away from the cabinets on the sides and top of the stove. If you have under counter lighting, whatever you put on the bottom shelf will get warm.

• Jmt7395549 Jmt7395549 on Jun 20, 2017
    Think in these terms. You will mindfully check EVERY handy gadget and pot, pan, and spatula you own. Then assign each one a letter according to the frequency of their use.
    The category A are those items you use daily and do not want to have to move more than two steps from where you are working to grab them. Category B are those items you use weekly and would not mind walking any where in the kitchen to retrieve. Category C are those items you use annually or on rare special occasions. They can be stored in the basement, attic or garage. Category D are items you bought or gathered because you thought you would use but never have. These can go to far beyond by offering them to a friend or neighbor or the local Good Will store.

'D's go. 'C's are stored out of the kitchen. 'B's can go any where in the kitchen you can stash them for relatively easy retrieval. 'A's go into a drawer or counter container or wall caddy as near to the area they will be used.

• Annette Laffond Herlihy Annette Laffond Herlihy on Jun 20, 2017
    Bins work well for plastics storage. sectionals work great to display plates and dishes. Think everything has its own place. You can get inside door hangers for lids to pots and pans.

• Cynthia H Cynthia H on Jun 20, 2017
    I have my kitchen set-up in zones - where it is used is where I keep it. All my mixing bowls and measuring cups are next to the stove, as are all the baking pans. Pots and pans are kept in the cupboard on the other side of the stove. Spices, teabags, etc. are in the upper cupboard next to the stove, for cooking and easy use of the teakettle. Cupboard above the stove has my cookbooks and vases. Upper cupboard on the other side has oven mitts, etc.
    Storage containers are kept in a lower cabinet between the stove and sink.
    Upper cupboards to the right of the sink have all the coffee mugs in the first one, and glasses in the second. The tray holding everything for coffee making is locatied on the counter below, with the coffee pot next to it.
    Next to the sink is the dishwasher. The dishes are in the cupboard next to the dishwasher. The silverware is in the drawer next to that. The microwave is on that counter. The refrigerator is next to that. I have a cabinet pantry next to the refrigerator which holds all the canned and boxed food. Flour, etc. is kept in the upper pantry.
    Basically, I watched where I used things and arranged the kitchen accordingly. I have a small hutch next to the kitchen table that holds linens for the table and crystal I use for family dinners. It works for me. See what works for you.

• Melissa Travis Thompson Melissa Travis Thompson on Jun 20, 2017
    I just organized my kitchen and I realized that less is more. I had every kitchen gadget known to man. I condensed to multiuse items so I could downsize the amount of stuff to organize. One of the most important things to remember is to find a home, a proper place, for everything. If you can't decide where to put it, pitch it or give it away.

• Mfa23776977 Mfa23776977 on Jun 22, 2017
    Seems great idea thank you so much

Aha good idea