Can anyone tell me how to get rid of nats that sworm my poor cats?

+5
Can anyone help me? I have tried about everything i can think of to get rid of the nats that sworm my little old man. I have called three different vets office and no one seems to be able to tell me what to use to get rid of NATS. The tiny black flying bug that sworm everyone when its hot out. Seems to alwys sworm my old boys eyes the worst. His eyes are bad and blind and it seems they are the worst around his eyes. Although they still sworm my other kids too by the hundreds. Cant set outside because i dont know what to do to get rid of them seems the ladies at all the vets offices i call dont know either. One of the girls i asked didnt even know what a nat even was. They are this tiny black bug that flys i try to explain to her. They so tiny i dont think my camra would capture the picture if i tried taking one of them. But they always sworm when its hot and humid out and by the hundreds. If you have a cut or sore on you they will pile up on it. I have always called them nats not knowing if that is the right name for them or not when i Google it I get nothing back on it. Please can anyone help me out here? Wohld like to be able to spend more time outside even though its hot but i feel sorry for the kids and take them in cause i cant get the bugs to stop sworming my kids and me. Four legged furry kids. I hate calling them dogs but i am talking about sworming the dogs, my kids and myself.. please if anyone has any ideas for me to try please email me at flatlander07@gmail.com... when emailing me if you was to put nats in the subject ill know to check that email incase it gets throwed in the spam folder.. thank you everyone and i am hoping that some one out there can help me...
  • Michele Michele on Jun 20, 2017
    Nats, for the children skin so soft wipes are the best, for the sweet furry kids, I don't know, my dog never got the nats around her, I guess put a flea collar on them, don't know.

• Shoshana Shoshana on Jun 21, 2017
    A good homemade spray recipe: In a spray bottle, mix 2 tablespoons of witch hazel, 2 tablespoons of grapeseed oil, almond oil or neem oil, a half-teaspoon of vodka, and 100 to 110 drops of essential oils.
    Good luck!

• Deborah Cripple Deborah Cripple on Jun 21, 2017
    I use hand sanitizer on myself & it keeps them away...you could swipe some on your fur kids fur, it's just an alcohol base and not harmful...they bit me good one evening and i had welps all over my arms. I put the hand sanitizer on and they were gone by morning. Now, I apply it before going outside. They are such pesty!!

• Fla22344742 Fla22344742 on Jun 21, 2017
      This is simple enough i cerry sanitizer with me every where i go something i for sure have on hand i will be trying this and the skin so soft will see witch one works the best! I will let everyone know my results. Thank you flatlander, Indiana...

• Dal9057179 Dal9057179 on Jun 21, 2017
    Avon makes a product called Skin So Soft. ( PLEASE ASK YOUR VET IF IT IS HARMFUL TO YOUR CRITTERS ). I have used it for years with no problems on small children, myself and husband. If you rub a little around your critter's eyes, it will help. (...try to keep it away from the eye) . Some places we have lived are worse than others. Body salt, sweat and odor attracts these pest. I have found this is helpful along with keeping the eyes and hair around the eyes as clean as possible. You may want to find an older Vet that has folks work with him that actually understands BUGS ....Oh yeah, the spelling is weird...GNAT. My husband worked construction a river and the gnats were OVER POWERING AT TIMES. His boss would bring in SKIN SO SOFT IN BULK TO BE USED BY THE WORKERS. MY HUSBAND JUST TOLD ME, HE WOULD POUR IT INTO HIS HANDS AND PUT IT ON HIS FACE. NEVER HAD A PROBLEM WITH HIS EYES. I would still ask a Vet about your dogs or cats. I hope this helps. I Live in Georgia....

Thank you very much i will be trying this! We jest moved to the country and i think the bugs are 10 times then in town. Not complaining we love it out here jest got to find ways to live with them lol.. again thank you flatlander. Indiana here..

• Aut25506735 Aut25506735 on Jun 21, 2017
    Put vinegar and dawn soap in a small open container and they will swarm the container and drown. Works every time!

• Googled and found this for you. I have 6 cats and 6 dogs, a canary and a dragon, I understand completely. Keep your liter box(s) clean and fresh and hopefully some of these tips will help you. Good luck!